Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Thu May 2, 2002  10:18 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Other ways to make voice more objective...?

I think that an attempt to be objective from a teachers point of view
is doomed to failure, where-as from the singers angle that is exactly
what he is seeking. From preparation to sing to the much
maligned support, his preparation and his survival throughout
the performance are objective parts of his technique. Just how this is
to be effectively imparted by a teacher is the difficult task. A task
which I feel calls for all the intuitive powers that only a woman can
bring. :) oh dear!!

It is rendered down to effective communications. In the ultimate the
student becomes the self-teacher.

emusic.com