Vocalist.org archive

From:  " Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
Date:  Tue Apr 30, 2002  6:43 am
Subject:  Difficult arias.

I'm currently practising "Dies Bildniss is bezaubernd schoen" from Mozart's
Magic Flute. God, it's SOOO hard! I need some sympathetic singers who have
also been banging their heads against what seems like a brick wall to tell
me that it's all ok.

I can't believe how hard this song is. I can do Dalla sua pace, and some of
his other stuff, but this one just takes the cake. The tessitura is very
high, and the notes are long and require really good support.
I've broken the song down into sections, and am working on it phrase by
phrase. Singing it on straight vowels, and then on the words- then singing
some of the intervals in isolation eg. The first two notes of the song.

I wrote a similar e-mail to this list going on about Mozart's 'Dalla sua
pace'. Well, I can do that one now! And I remember how hard that one
seemed. So I should take solace in that.

I have to perform Tamino in late september, so I hope I'll have it down by
then. Everything else in the opera is easier than this aria.

Mirko

emusic.com