Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu May 25, 2000  3:45 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] German terminology

In a message dated 05/25/2000 1:23:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
annelies_dille@h... writes:

<< Has anyone an idea where I can find a good German book about music
theorie or (even better) a website with the German terminology of music? >>

There is a book I purchased recently called The A to Z of Foreign Musical
Terms (from Adagio to Zierlich) by Christine Ammer (ECS Publishing). I just
got it from Amazon.com and it includes 3K terms compiled from more than 30K
scores (French, German, Italian, Latin, Portuguese and Spanish - sorry, no
Russian!). It comes in handy!

Christine Thomas
Mezzo-Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Oh, I got plenty Akhnaten, Akhnaten's plenty for me" :)

emusic.com