Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Sat Apr 27, 2002  1:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Principles of Voice Production

Dear Michael,
Thank you for your response. Apparently I never received it
in the ordinary daily downloads but now with Lloyd's reference I got
it directly from the web site. Thanks again. Strangely everyone,
including my teacher says the voice sounds great but they don't
seem to register the extra effort that I'm under when I sing.
Another interesting sidelight. I had to sing a declamatory recit from
Judas Maccabaeus and it just flowed beautifully with no effort at all.
As if I'm needing to use more breath to compensate for whatever the
problem is.

I'll have to bounce 'loft' voice off my teacher. :)

Day and a half of Beethoven mass in C this weekend so Sunday night
will be an interesting moment of pause and re-assessment before my
lesson on Monday morning. I just want my ease of carrying the high
register for that b natural I need. Strangely on week 4 had no trouble
with it at a lesson but I seem to have slipped a bit.
Thank you again for your reply. Reg.

emusic.com