Vocalist.org archive

From:  " Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
Date:  Wed Apr 24, 2002  12:54 pm
Subject:  Re: weird audition

>As to the accompanist's point, it don't catch either, miss. If you're a
>singer in the flesh, all you need is a tuning fork, and on it goes, a
>capella, mind you. Your favourite pianist is not invited to the party
>anyway, for all his lace.
>I ask, who's calling the tune, here ? Funny how you're hastier to judge
>others than to acknowledge their prerogative to judge you in the first
>place, as long as you enter their fray, which they certainly did not summon
>you to do.
>Discovering your fabulous "lyrical and dramatic potential" is really the
>last wish on their list, as this early stage. Step by step. Easy.
>
>BJJocelyn

This is a very condescending mail (I imagined it in a nasty cleetus from
the simpsons kind of voice as I read it). Karen does not deserve this sort
of reply. I think
she is well within her rights to expect to be allowed an accompanist, as
MOST auditions do
allow that right.
And let's keep this forum a little friendlier ok. Knives down!

Mirko

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18910 Re: weird auditionDebra Johnson   Thu  4/25/2002

emusic.com