Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Tue Apr 23, 2002  9:35 pm
Subject:  Weird audition saga continues

I just received the following (I thought rather snippy) message from the
theatre company running the audition for Sound of Music, in response to my
query as to whether it would be all right for me to bring my own
accompanist or recorded accompaniment on tape.

I'm now having second thoughts about even bothering with the audition,
only because I'm sensing a really strong undercurrent of
non-professionalism in this company, first in their whole approach to
auditions, and then with their bizarre rejection of what is standard
practice, I thought, in auditions, i.e., the option of using your own
accompanist.

Am I overreacting, or are these folks just a little bit strange?

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.