Vocalist.org archive

From:  "arado_ge" <arado_ge@y...>
Date:  Tue Apr 23, 2002  7:38 am
Subject:  Re: Study Abroad/European Jobs

For studying, it is well worth looking into the Royal Scottish
Academy of Music in Glasgow, Scotland. It has excellent courses and
is a brilliant place to live with lots and lots of musical
possibilities.

I live in Europe but really can't help you when it comes to the job
climate for opera singers.

Another brilliant place is Cardiff, in Wales. I did my music degree
there and for singers it is heaven. At the time I was specializing
in piano so I didn't appreciate the singing side as much but there
are lots and lots of choirs, solo opportunities, the Welsh National
Opera (I worked for them and got to see all the opera season for
free) etc. etc. I think the main thing to focus on is the language
barriers as you don't want to end up somewhere where you haven't got
a clue what people are talking about :-)

Denmark and Holland are good because most people speak excellent
English although they are expensive places to live.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask - I live in
Switzerland, grew up in France, studied in England and Wales and do
consulting work in Copenhagen so I think I have a good all-round
experience of Europe!!!

Kirsty

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18865 teaching theory during voice lessons?EdgewoodVoiceStudio   Tue  4/23/2002

emusic.com