Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Mon Apr 22, 2002  10:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] student project/paper

Daniel, check the bibliography list in the files section for
vocalist-temporary at yahoogroups.com. There are several items
listed there.

Mark

P.S. Toni Tenille was from Alabama: are you related?

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Daniel Tennille wrote:

> Hello!
> I am a junior Choral Music Education Major at Huntingdon College
> in Montgomery, AL. I am currently working on a project/paper for my
> Vocal Pedagogy class. The topic I have picked is "The Selection of
> Music for Solo Voice". I am thinking about taking the subject on from
> the standpoint of the process of selection and a list of "proper" songs
> for certain voicings. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any good
> resources that I can use? What songs do you frequently use for a
> certain voicing? Should I pick a different topic and if so, what would
> you recommend? All help would be greatly appreciated. Please reply
> privately. Thanks and God Bless!

emusic.com