Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@a...>
Date:  Sat Apr 20, 2002  2:58 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Opera for young voices

Tina Harris wrote:

> I am looking for an aria specifically written and appropriate for a young
> mezzo (age 11). Any suggestions?
>
> Tina Harris
> tinamharris@a...
> http://tinamharris.home.attbi.com/

Tina Harris

My young classical singers all want to sing opera but I won't let them until
they've had more technuqie and more growth.
However I do allow my eleven year old girls to sing several arias bordering
on classical. Check out Emily at age 10. If
you like any of what she does (http://www.mp3.com/Emmy) I can get the music
to you. You also might check out
Katelyn's singing of "Come To The Faire" at age 12, but more of a challenge
for younger voices. (Katelyn's link at below)

Dean FH Macy, DLitt/Mus
--
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml
http://www.mp3.com/Katelyn
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml
http://www.mp3.com/Katelyn
http://www.mp3.com/Jacqui
"Success does not come with the gifts from God.
Success comes from the talents you develop from
the gifts He gives you." (Riker-New Generation)

emusic.com