Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Fri Apr 19, 2002  7:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Yet another request for repertoire help

Susan, have you leafed through the appendix in "The Art of the Song
Recital" (Emmons/Sontag)? Also, I believe I ran across some duets by
Carlos Guastavino during some research project. And since I am at home, I
can't remember if Jacqueline Cockburn's "The Spanish Song Companion"
mentions ensemble repertoire or not.

Best,

Mark

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 susan.platt@m... wrote:

> I have been trying for a couple of months now to find any duets written by
> Spanish/Hispanic composers in the Spanish language for soprano and mezzo.
> The only thing that I have found (and purchased) so far is a
> recently-published compilation of Garcia, Galibran, others that has a
> couple of duets. If anyone has a suggestion of websites (my Spanish is
> rudimentary, but I can puzzle things out), or even repertoire, I would
> very much appreciate it. I have been looking online, in my local library
> system, and my local university library system with little success.

emusic.com