Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Wed May 24, 2000  5:36 pm
Subject:  RE: Question about Fach (tenor arias)

John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...> wrote:
> The role of Iopas in "Les Troyens a Carthage" has a high D.

Wow, Berlioz, right? I've never seen this one... what is Iopas' fach?

> Unrelated: there is a recent disc of countertenor David Daniels which
> makes a very good case for this kind of voice in the classics, including an
> "Adelaide" to rival Bjoerling's. I wonder if he would do a Brahms disc?

Which album? There's supposed to be something called "Serenade" coming
out, but I thought it wasn't released yet... Or are you talking about
"Sento Amor", the album with Mozart and Gluck stuff? Maybe I need to run
out and buy it :)

Does he change his basic sound to sing 19th century? Supposedly he can
do the "romantic" production as well as the scaled back early music
sound. Unfortunately, I've yet to see him in recital, so I've only heard
him do Baroque and early classical.

-Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1887 Re: Question about Fach (tenor arias) John Alexander Blyth   Wed  5/24/2000   4 KB

emusic.com