Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Wed May 24, 2000  3:36 pm
Subject:  Re: (Tech) Question about Fach

Thank you all for the suggestions on books regarding Fach. I'm going
to see if I can't chase down one or two of them in the upcoming weeks.

John -- thank you for the warning on hurting myself trying to sing a
few tenor pieces. I've tried singing one or two of the choruses in
Bach's St. John Passion with the tenor section and it tired my voice
tremendously. The bass section was a tad low though. As a result I'm
going to be very careful doing this and only under the guidance of my
voice teacher.

Tako and John -- both of you mentioned optional or traditional high Cs.
I must admit I'm a bit confused and would appreciate an explanation.
(My ear is not that well trained at this point but I when I compare the
scores with my recollection of recordings I must admit that the
recordings 'sounded' higher.)

Thank you again.

Cheers,
Ingo

1890 Re: (Tech) Question about Fach John Alexander Blyth   Wed  5/24/2000   4 KB

emusic.com