Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Robert Edgar" <redgar@b...>
Date:  Mon Apr 15, 2002  3:31 am
Subject:  Re smoking and exercise for singers

Sorry, I didn't do a spell check before posting my questions. I was asking
the questions in relation to Classical singers not 'siners'. Left a 'g' out.
Your answers are very good but how many of you sing in night clubs or hotels
where singers perform while patrons are allowed to smoke? I know in some
venues, smoking is not allowed, but there are many that still allow
smoking - in Australia anyway. I must add that I am a singing teacher who
does not smoke, but I was just interested to find out what other people
think about the issue. I also have a physical exercise routine before I
practice and have found it very beneficial. I encourage students to exercise
as it is not only good for their own health, it is a means of conditioning
the body in the same way an athlete does. Please keep your views going.
Robyn Edgar
Australia

emusic.com