Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Sat Apr 13, 2002  2:50 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Classical Singer ?

<< I personally think that the classical singer magazine isn't worth the
paper it's printed on. The only value that it offers are the listings for
auditions and competitions. Who case about hearing about someone else's
career success? Seriously. There are alot of wanna bee's who are associated
with the magazine it's pathetic.>>

Sorry if this comes thru a 2nd time - I'm getting used to my new system.

The same might be said about Vocalist. Wannabe what? Wannabe a working
singer? Wannabe a famous singer? Wannabe a chronic complainer? It's easy
to do one of those, not so easy for another, and dang hard to do another.

The magazine's theme is:

"Information for your career - support for your life - enlightenment for
your art."

Take from it what you will - I learn a lot from reading about other people's
choices, good and bad. What I can't use, I'll pass on to my students who
plan to pursue a professional career.

I write for the magazine from time to time - haven't for awhile but will be
again shortly. That'll make me a wannabe writer, I suppose. I'm already a
working teacher and singer. Even if *you* haven't heard of me, I'm working!
:)

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"

emusic.com