Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Apr 11, 2002  7:55 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Classical Singer ?

It's actually more worthwhile after you've moved East. While it's true
that CS are trying to expand their scope to be national - even
international - the vast majority of audition and competition
announcements are still based in the Greater New York area.

As for "dinging" your credit card - not sure I can advise you there. CS
has good information in it, in addition to the audition/competition
notices, but if you're not inclined to read a lot of articles on the
career, technique, etc. of singing, and are subscribing only for the
audition notices, I wonder whether you might not be able to obtain much of
that information - admittedly with significant effort - through research
of individual opera company websites, etc.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.