Vocalist.org archive

From:  "SMSchneider" <smschneider@e...>
Date:  Tue Apr 9, 2002  1:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] The doctor said

Lea Ann wrote:

>he said that perhaps some acid was coming up in my throat at night
and
>He also commented that he thought I was overly sophicticated and overly
educated

Hi, Lea Ann,
First, don't let a doctor intimidate you. If he doesn't answer your
questions, find another doctor. We all need a doctor who not only
understands singers' concerns, but understands compassion and human
consideration. If he didn't want to scope your cords, perhaps he saw what he
believed was the problem in your pharanx, but were I in your shoes, I'd want
him to look at my cords as well. I can't imagine that putting a mirror down
your throat would make him charge you any more.

Second, acid coming up at night is not a small matter for anyone,
particularly a singer. Read Vocalist posts on acid reflux, or GERD. I
believe that stands for Gastro-Esophogeal Reflux Disease. Dr. John has
posted some great information.

Susan Schneider

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18611 Re: GERDEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Tue  4/9/2002

emusic.com