Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <rossicaio@h...>
Date:  Mon Apr 8, 2002  7:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] nasal consonants as 'head voice' triggers (NOT!)

Mike>that sensation can be can be present in 'chest voice', too.

Then, in that case, it probably won't help. That's something the teacher and
the student must do together. I never said it was a fit-all situation.

That's so obvious, Mike. That's why I just deleted Randy's latest post on
this thread: he's still there, wanting to know where the damn "mechanism"
is. I'm talking about fooling the nervous system and you guys keep talking
about structures, blowing the nose, etc. I know what you think and have to
say about it. You're working with what can be measured or seen, the vocal
mechanism, and I would never say that's really wrong. Only not enough.I'm
talking about something that is also attached to the vocal mechanism, the
nervous system ( which includes THE BRAIN ), the one that's responsible for
dreams, multiple personalities, dillusions, automatic writing, the
coordination of all the structures Randy knows so deeply, even in those who
don't know they have those structures, etc, etc. That, as it seems, is not
in the curriculum of any vocal pedagogy course. That's why Randys, Lloyds,
Millers and Titzes don't have much to offer regarding that. The first thing
they ask is "What's the mechanism?". As I said, if reality depended on that
approach, there wouldn't be any approach at all, as we'd have to understand
the brain before we used it.

Hugs,

Caio

emusic.com