Vocalist.org archive

From:  April Salerno <april_salerno@y...>
Date:  Mon Apr 8, 2002  2:34 am
Subject:  trading low notes for a higher tessitura?

Hello Everyone!

After working on repertoire that sits in a high
tessitura, I notice that the lowest notes in my range
aren't as accessible, or just plain missing. I've
always assumed this happens to everybody, but now I'm
starting to wonder. Even more importantly, I don't
understand WHY this happens. I had a teacher that
said it was just due to tension, but I don't know
where the tension is, if that's the case. Years have
gone by, and I haven't "let go" of that tension. Can
anyone clue me in?

=====
April Salerno
B.M. in Vocal Performance
Baldwin-Wallace College
Class of 2002

18580 Re: trading low notes for a higher tessitura?leskayc@a...   Mon  4/8/2002
18585 Re: trading low notes for a higher tessitura?ODivaTina@a...   Mon  4/8/2002
18587 Re: trading low notes for a higher tessitura?John Link   Mon  4/8/2002
18601 Re: trading low notes for a higher tessitura?ODivaTina@a...   Tue  4/9/2002
18615 Do they sound like opera singers? [WAS: trading lJohn Link   Tue  4/9/2002

emusic.com