Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Apr 8, 2002  1:43 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] how do you define 'head voice'?

caio,

i had a teacher who tried to get me into my head voice by getting me
to concentrate on 'forward placement', 'in the mask' and all that other
stuff. it never worked. when i finally did get into head voice, to me, it
appeared to be coming from down in the center of my throat. would i have
gotten into 'head voice' any sooner if she had told me to sing down in the
center of my throat? who knows? (i probably would have choked to death).

what about this: suppose the people you report getting into 'head
voice' from nasals, just think they're in 'head voice' because they feel
something in their nose?

mike

emusic.com