Vocalist.org archive

From:  buzzcen@a...
Date:  Sun Apr 7, 2002  2:15 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Male/Female registers (was: how do you define 'head voice'?)

In a message dated 4/6/2002 12:46:59 PM Central Standard Time,
taylor23f@h... writes:

> Randy also wrote:
>
> >(and in that area of
> > the voice TA is not only considered a regulator of pitch but also
> an adductor
> > muscle).
>
> *************
>
> Randy, you may want to check out the Hirano, Vennard, O'Hala study
> from the 70's. I personally have never seen it written anywhere that
> the TA is a regulator of pitch. Quite the opposite, (and taught by
> Vennard, Titze, Austin and others) the TA is always called the
> "register muscle" while the CT is always called the "pitch-muscle."
> I noticed that you did write "in that area." Perhaps you could write
> more on what I quoted.

Zemlin states that one of the main purposes of the TA muscle is that of a
(longitudinal) tensor.

Randy Buescher

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18544 TA, CT and Zemlintaylor23ferranti   Sun  4/7/2002
18546 Re: The chart in my post (sorry).......taylor23ferranti   Sun  4/7/2002
18547 I give up!@$$^&*&_)(*taylor23ferranti   Sun  4/7/2002

emusic.com