Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
Date:  Sat Apr 6, 2002  2:15 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Sandburg's "Fog" (was: Cat Songs)

>>The fog comes
on little cat feet.
It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
then moves on.<<

Having both three cats and an upstairs hallway with a bare wooden floor
reinforces my belief that Sandburg never had cats. The cats get charged up
upstairs and it sounds more like a herd of cattle than the silence of fog.
:-)

I believe the original question in this thread asked about choral music
about cats. Dan Locklair wrote a collection of choral pieces with texts
about cats. I'm sorry - I don't remember either the group title or
individual titles. I have sung some of them, and although a challenge, they
were great fun.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

emusic.com