Vocalist.org archive

From:  omigurt@a...
Date:  Wed Apr 3, 2002  4:23 am
Subject:  re: Mother's Day songs

Laura, this might be too far across the border into non-classical music, but
I would recommend you take a listen to "Baby Moon" by Adam Guettel. It's on
Audra McDonald's first CD, if I remember correctly, and is a gorgeous song
sung by a mother to her unborn baby. It's the kind of music theater song
that could be sung in a legit way, in my opinion.

Also extremely effective but even further into the musical comedy genre is
"The Story goes on" from the musical BABY. (Charles Strouse?) If you have
flexibility of programming and can deliver (no pun) that kind of style, there
will not be a dry eye in the house.

See what you think...

By the way, Karen, your suggestions of what not to sing at the father's
retirement party are hysterical! Thanks for the laugh.

emusic.com