Vocalist.org archive

From:  Shannon <Cantante@x...>
Date:  Tue May 23, 2000  2:31 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Ladies' Recital Attire

Well, being another person of some size, I know that it is non-trivial
to find better clothing in larger (> size 20 or so) sizes. Bigger than
2X or 3X really cannot be found without undergoing quite a search.
Most cities will not be able to serve. It must be difficult for our
smaller sisters, who can find scores of garments anywhere they walk
into the door, to understand what it's like to have a handful of shops
in the _NATION_ that can provide this type of clothing that actually
flatters the supersized woman. And I'm on the small side of
supersized... I do not envy my larger sisters this task.

However, I can source decent clothing. Try http://www.plus-size.com/
Peggy Lutz has some stunning outfits that _fit_. She ain't cheap... but
for one or two recital dresses in classic style that can be dressed up
with scarves, evening jackets, and the like, she's worth saving up for,
IMHO. I am fortunate that she is only 70 miles from my home. But I'd
shop there if she were across the country. It might be worthwhile,
after becoming familiar with her catalogue, to phone her up to see if
there's something suitable on the clearance rack. Those are _deeply_
discounted.

Disclaimer -- I do not know her personally. I am merely stunned at her
gift for flattering large figures in _all_ shapes.

Shannon