Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon May 22, 2000  8:10 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Audition experience

From: "Jennifer" <jennibri@i...>

> > << How do you deal with the problem of your
> > accompanist blowing it right in the middle of a piece? >>
>
>Ignore them and keep going. That way, you look like you know what you're
>doing. If you let it throw you, or if you stop, then you'll be the one who
>looks uncertain.

I would add to Jennifer's wise advice this: No matter how badly the pianist
is "blowing it," maintain your professional dignity and be courteous. If
nothing else, it will show the directors that you can manage the little
glitches that can enliven any live performance!

Besides, the last time I had a slightly rough ride with an audition pianist,
it turned out to be the company's ****MUSIC DIRECTOR****, who was filling in
for the sick accompanist.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

I don't think of myself as a canary. I am a big, bad-a** mockingbird.