Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Mon Apr 1, 2002  12:42 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] HEAD VOICE AND ROCK=> definitions needed

>>my own perspective on head voice use in classical and pop ...
>>although, there is clearly more sub-glottal pressure when
>>singing classical.
>
>On same fundamental frequency at same intensity ... no.
>
>Sally

The subject seems to have altered slightly but in my experience
the sub-glottic pressure is LESS when singing with a more
efficient technique which tends to describe the classic singer NOT
the rock performer.
Classic technique; same fundamental; same intensity; increased
acoustic efficiency; less pressure.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18387 Re: HEAD VOICE AND ROCK=> definitions neededLloyd W. Hanson   Mon  4/1/2002

emusic.com