Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Sun Mar 31, 2002  5:21 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] HEAD VOICE AND ROCK=> definitions needed

as someone who was trained classically yet, who no longer sings
classical music, my own perspective on head voice use in classical and pop is
that there is no difference in what i am doing with my vocal folds. the big
differences come in the treatment of the musical line and in the treatment of
resonance. although, there is clearly more sub-glottal pressure when
singing classical.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18378 Re: HEAD VOICE AND ROCK=> definitions neededSally Collyer   Mon  4/1/2002
18381 Re: HEAD VOICE AND ROCK=> definitions neededReg Boyle   Mon  4/1/2002
18387 Re: HEAD VOICE AND ROCK=> definitions neededLloyd W. Hanson   Mon  4/1/2002

emusic.com