Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Sun Mar 31, 2002  3:25 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] how do you define 'head voice'?

just for clarification, by asking the question, i was looking for
specific answers to the question, inviting all to participate. while i
would not rule out involvement by all, i'm not looking for anecdotal
descriptions. i am looking for the best description i can find. if this
means bickering between the experts, that's fine. in such debates, while we
might not come to a conclusion for the original problem, we can often learn
new information we had not anticipated learning as well as learning to look
at our own views in a new light.

so, dean's suggestion to look at lloyd's dissertation is an excellent
answer to the question. while lloyd and i frequently find ourselves on
opposing sides of debates, i have learned quite a bit from disagreeing with
him (i think that was a compliment).

mike

emusic.com