Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Tue Mar 26, 2002  5:53 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] bone conduction and me singing jazz

I have a question that I'm wondering if it's related
to this...

In the recital I gave a few weeks ago, I did mostly
classical and then threw in some jazz standards at the
end and lightened up my voice some so that it wouldn't
sound like a classical singer trying to show he's
"versatile". When I was practicing, my teacher would
say that I needed to raise the pitch, that I wasn't in
the core of the tone, but rather hanging toward the
bottom, that I wasn't completely flat, but what I was
sining wasn't completely right. I could never hear
what she was talking about until I got the CD of my
recital and I was singing at the bottom of the pitch
sometimes when I was trying to straight tone a little
more and be more "popular sounding". Is THAT a result
of my bones messing with what I'm perceiving and what
is actually coming out of my head? And if so, how
might I go about correcting it?

Thanks,
Trevor

http://movies.yahoo.com/

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18339 Re: bone conduction and me singing jazzEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Sat  3/30/2002

emusic.com