Vocalist.org archive

From:  "singingfan" <singfan@m...>
Date:  Sun Mar 24, 2002  7:48 pm
Subject:  Re: Musical Theatre..

Well, technically, there shouldn't be a difference on how the person
produces the vocal sound. In musical theater singing, the words tend
to be more anunciated since the songs and lyrics generally help in
telling the story that the play is telling while possibly giving new
information. I would say that the actual movements by the performer
in a musical use more defined movements.
It is usually more accepted for the opera singer to just stand on the
stage and deliver a more concentrated on the individual notes and
technique, whereas in musical theater the reason that it is called
musical theater is because it is the incorporation of both vocal
ability, dance, and acting abilities.
This is my take on it. I hope this is what you meant by your question.

Jennifer

emusic.com