Vocalist.org archive

From:  Kate Reid <radishes@r...>
Date:  Thu Mar 28, 2002  1:55 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] "Real" vocalises

Does the Villla Lobos Bachianas Brasileras qualify as a vocalise?

Cynthia Donnell <csdonnell@m...> wrote: Karen, don't forget the
Ravel - Vocalise en forme de habanera. It's published in 2 keys and has
attitude!
Cindy Donnell

I'm collecting vocalises for medium voice (composed or transposed), hoping to
do a set of them in concert in the future. I've got the Rachmaninov(the
transposition published by Boosey & Hawkes) and the Stravinsky, but am having a
hard time finding the Medtner, and wondered if anyone has access to this music,
and moreover can tell me whether it's in a tessitura
for "medium" or "medium-high" voice.

Karen Mercedes

18310 Re: "Real" vocalisesKaren Mercedes   Thu  3/28/2002
18314 Re: "Real" vocalisesJohn Link   Thu  3/28/2002

emusic.com