Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Mon Mar 25, 2002  2:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] RE: Is something wrong?

In a message dated 03/24/2002 8:03:48 PM Central Standard Time,
LJones@s... writes:

<< And I'd like to add -- tape your lessons. That would be another
way to get familiar quickly with the vocalizes you're doing under your
teacher's supervision -- the more you listen, the more "second nature" the
exercises (warm-ups) will become, and tapes can also help you remember
important points about the music you're working on. You don't want to get
*too* hung up on the tapes, but they can be a good tool, at least for a
while, for some people. >>

Interestingly enough, at yesterday's NATS conference (in WI), a speaker
talked about how students practice, and said sometimes he'll say to a
student, I've got to do something -- I'll be back in 10 minutes -- warm
yourself up. Then he'll go out in the hall and listen to how the student
warms up. I'm thinking about doing that this week.... maybe even getting a
baby monitor to listen from upstairs in my kitchen....

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com