Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Mon Mar 25, 2002  1:05 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Musical Theater

A4 is the highest I allow it, the
singer can then make a skillful transition into a mix at point with the
correct training. This approach serves a whole range of styles,
including
but not limited to musical theater.>>>>>

I also teach my students who want to learn the high chest voice mix as
Randy describes here and A4 is exactly where I also tell students to
start mixing from the heavier chest voice. I only learned how to do
this myself in the last 2 years and it’s been amazing the results I’ve
had with student being able to achieve this mix and keep their voice
healthy as well as having a more ringing resonance AND curing the
tendency to sing flat if the heavy chest voice is carried up too far.
(and my own!). I wish I was as articulate in explaining the process as
Randy and Lloyd are! I’m always printing out your discussions and
studying them so that I can try to incorporate the vocabulary into my
own explanations.

Deanna

---

emusic.com