Vocalist.org archive

From:  "SlightlyoffBroadway" <jaxsobcon@n...>
Date:  Sun Mar 24, 2002  8:19 pm
Subject:  Re: Musical Theatre programs

The Randolph Academy of the Performing Arts in Toronto Ontario Canada is a
phenomenal program, however it's tough to get in.
One of our students auditioned and started the program in January and is
learning so much already.
It's a 2 year intensive (3 terms/yr which means you go all summer as well)
and quite pricey but...
special workshops in dance are led by professionals in so many different
genres.
Janet Jackson just did a dance workshop with the graduating class and
Gregory Hines (who's also a friend of Mr. Randolph) leads tap workshops
often.
The vocal teachers are working professionals in the field and outside
clinicians are invited to the school on a variety of scenerious. The school
boasts that it's program develops the "triple threat" which means a
performer who is proficient in acting, singing and dancing which is the way
of musical theatre today.
The audition includes all 3 disciplines and only a few get in but it's well
worth it.
Find them online at:
http://randolphacademy.ca
(I hope I got the url right).
If it doesn't work, check my suite101website at:
www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre
and click on links and Randolph Academy is there.
Their next auditions are really really soon. I think you have to have your
application in by April 1st if you want to begin in Sept. but you can also
apply in the summer and audition in Sept. to begin in January which is what
our student did.
Good luck,
Jacqueline
jaxsobcon@n...
Visit our website at:
http://www.slightlyoffbroadway.com
Read Jacqueline's musical theatre articles at:
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre
and
http://www.musicaltheatreinfo.com

Have fun at:
www.geocities.com/sloffbrdway

"There's no business like show business"

emusic.com