Vocalist.org archive

From:  "vocalistuk" <vocalist@v...>
Date:  Sun Mar 24, 2002  7:21 pm
Subject:  RE: Need creative ideas

18211 From: Laura Ruiz <laura@l...>
Date: Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:08pm
Subject: RE: [vocalist] Need creative ideas...

>>OPERA KARAOKE!<<

>>Oooh, I LIKE that idea. I know where I can get CD's of aria
accompaniments, but do they work the same way as Karaoke does with the
words displayed on a screen as you go? Just curious.<<

Hi folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster so brief details about myself, my
name is Tracey & I was a professional singer, part time vocal coach &
ran a non-profit volutary group for musicians up until last year when
I suffered back & neck injury in a major car accident. Spend what
time I can building sites for vocalists & musicians but rarely get
the chance to reply to posts as their usually answered by those of
you with far more experience than I before I get to read them ;-)

Laura, http://www.musicroom.com www.amazon.co.uk and probably
www.amazon.com all have Karaoke opera CD's available.
I used to organise regular workshops for our club that were extremely
popular so you might like to consider running an opera/singing
workshop as a fund raiser. If you run a Karaoke competition its
worth speaking to local businesses/groups etc to donate prizes. Not
sure wether you have an equivalent to our local council but they have
a education & recreation department who provided us with free venue
and publicity in their monthly newsletter.

Another idea for the summer months would be a musical picnic - we
managed a completely acoustic affair that raised several hundred
pounds donated by the general public. Entrance was free, people
brought their own grub, kids, dogs, friends etc and we were given
posters, t-shirts etc to sell by local businesses and took turns
rattling the can at the front of the 'musicians area' - everyone was
invited to join in with popular songs (& did with gusto) & a great
day was had by all.

Hope this helps
Tracey

emusic.com