Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ms Christine Zimmermann <zimmecp@y...>
Date:  Sun Mar 24, 2002  5:34 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Is something wrong?

You might get your teacher to write out your exercises
on staff paper for you...or ask him to recommend a
vocalise book. You should definetly be warming up
before you sing...Without knowing your teahcer...I
would guess that this has probably been a
miscommunication of sorts. When in doubt...ASK!
good luck
Christine Z

--- Tu<eth>ba Tatly´ <tugba81tr@h...> wrote:
> Hi everyone..
> I would like to ask your opinion once more.
> This is my third month since starting my voice
> lessons. The first month, we
> only did voice exercises 30 min. every lesson (once
> a week) and I had no
> studies to do at home except breathing
> exercises.(This was normal I think.)
> Now I am singing 2 aria antiches: Caccini- Amarilli
> and Gasparini- Lasciar
> d'amarti. I still don't have any voice exercises and
> I feel very
> uncomfertable when I am practicing because I dont
> have any exercises to
> open(warm) my voice. My teacher says I am very good
> but I feel that I sing
> very bad( I record my voice while practicing). I
> know that he doesn't say
> this for money but I still think something is wrong_
> I am composition
> student so I think I know a little about music. My
> question is: Y´s it normal
> to sing these songs without having any voice
> exercises, because I feel that
> I am not ready.I don't have the feeling that I'm
> singing in the right
> tecnique while practicing.
>
> Thank you all from now,
> Tugba