Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Ruiz" <laura@l...>
Date:  Sat Mar 23, 2002  9:04 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Is something wrong?

Hi there,
imho, you shouldn't sing *any* music until you've warmed up your voice.
You should be able to just continue doing the warm-up exercises your
teacher had you start out with for that first month and use that as a
foundation to warm up on, then go on and work on the songs once your
voice is all set to go.

Perhaps I misunderstood your question. Are you saying that your teacher
is no longer warming you up in your lessons and you go straight to
singing the songs? If this is the case, simply consider warming
yourself up on the way to your lesson so you're ready to begin singing
when you walk in the door.

Just my thoughts.

Laura