Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann Martin" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Fri Mar 22, 2002  4:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Argh another problem

Good lord this is becoming so much more than what I had originally intended,
firstly Christine, no she doesn't even live in my city, she drives in. Secondly
I did mention the sore throat...at least I tried to before yahoo stopped working
for an entire weekend. I mentioned it as soon as my posts would go through
again. I have had a sore throat since she started insisting that I sing songs
with an a flat below high c in them...which was the last lesson I had.

I cannot send her a note as I do not know what her husbands name is and there
are dozens of people in her town with her last name.

I wasn't truly bothered until I spoke to her and she insisted that I continue
practicing for a recital that she was not going to be instructing me for. I
wanted at that moment to explain to her that I was having trouble, and that I
had a sore throat etc....she at that time said "hey I will call you right back"
and never did. Since then I have left a message about the sore throat. I have
heard nothing since that time. My message said..I hope you are okay, it's
terrible about the bedrest...I wanted to talk to you about the recital, I know
you want me to do it but I am having trouble with the music and I have a sore
throat all the time after I sing high notes...I am worried about my faulty
technique...I am going to stop practicing because I am afraid I am injuring my
vocal chords. Please call me back and tell me what you think I am doing
wrong....that was it.

This is quickly turning into a BIG BIG deal...and I didn't really want it to.
Chiefly I just wondered what some of the other teachers thought about my
continuing to practice for the recital....I got opinions from them...I made my
choice...case closed. The sore throat thing is bothersome....I don't know what
to do about that...I don't sing..my throat doesn't hurt...until I can find out
what happened or is happening there is not much else I can do. I am NOT looking
for another teacher...I am just waiting until I hear from my current one....

I am not angry or emotional nor am I taking it personally...I wish she had
called...but she did not...so until I hear from her and she tells me more, this
is what I will do.

I am sorry this is whipping anyone into a lather...that was not my intent. I
was just looking for some advice on how best to proceed. I wasn't looking for a
sermon about how ungrateful and thoughtless I am.

Lea Ann

emusic.com