Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Thu Mar 21, 2002  5:54 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] FALSETTO IN CHEST VOICE MODE VERSUS FALSETTO IN HEAD VOICE MODE

Lloyd said...

Because falsetto voice is a vocal function that is, in most ways,
different from those mentions above, I feel it is a mistake to give
it major consideration in the development of the classical voice
and, indeed, I have found it is more often a problem in helping the
developing singer find and become expert in the use of head voice.

David here...

Lloyd,

Do you ever see the possibility of using falsetto to help a person find
their head voice? For instance, if a singer cannot find their head voice
because they are using the TA too high, and do not know how to relax it when
singing. Wouldn't singing in falsetto relax the TA, and stretch the vocal
cords, just like head voice, but without the medial compression? Just
wondering out loud here...

David Grogan
Marshall, Texas

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18155 Re: FALSETTO IN CHEST VOICE MODE VERSUS FALSETTO Sharon Szymanski   Thu  3/21/2002
18159 Re: FALSETTO IN CHEST VOICE MODE VERSUS FALSETTO EdgewoodVoiceStudio   Thu  3/21/2002

emusic.com