Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Thu Mar 21, 2002  5:50 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] FALSETTO IN CHEST VOICE MODE VERSUS FALSETTO IN HEAD VOICE MODE

Mike said...

(titze says the
elevation of the larynx 'aids' medial compression making singing higher,
easier. in some cases, jo estill is in agreement with him). this too,
feels like an extension of my regular voice but, it does seem more related
falsetto + 'door squeak, as well and, it is easier.

David here...

Mike,

I have looked on Titze's web site (a good one, found at www.ncvs.org) and
did not find what you mentioned. I did find the following that Titze
suggested that with a lowered larynx, the medial surfaces have a better
chance to make contact, and that with a higher larynx there is a tendancy
for singers to have more neck and shoulder tension. He also said that
singers who employ lowered larynx technique sometimes have trouble with
their upper range. He says that he is less fearful of a higher laryngeal
position, after he did this research. All this can be found at
http://www.ncvs.org/singers/raisedve.pdf. You have to have the Adobe
Acrobat player to read this file.

David Grogan
Marshall, Texas