Vocalist.org archive

From:  Milena Sertich Grubor <mgrubor@u...>
Date:  Wed Mar 20, 2002  9:33 pm
Subject:  Soprano as Evita

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if we could talk about classical singers
in musical theater roles. Reason: I'm a soprano (with a good lower
register and sing light mezzo rep as well) that just got cast as Evita in
a community theater production. Wondering what I should look out for in
this double switch (soprano to mezzo, classical to musical theater style)
I sang cuts from all the songs for the audition and felt reasonably
comfortable...but just thought I could use a little discussion about this,
as it is a big role and have not had much musical theater experience...
Thanks, Milena

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18144 Re: Soprano as EvitaKaren Mercedes   Thu  3/21/2002

emusic.com