Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Wed Mar 20, 2002  7:28 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Argh another problem

In a message dated 03/20/2002 1:21:32 PM Central Standard Time,
thomas8@t... writes:

<< but the fact that a teacher assigned material to a relatively
inexperienced student to learn on her own and perform on a public recital.
I'm sorry, but this is an unacceptable approach to vocal teaching.

I have to agree with you there, Mark. Once she was bedridden, the recital
should have been postponed. That's more important that whether or not she's
returned calls in a timely manner -

I think I've been worse about returning calls since the advent of voice mail.
When I had an answering machine, I wrote down my messages and returned them
promptly so I wouldn't have a piece of paper that I could lose. Now that I
have voice mail, I can blithely hit #9 and hear "Your message has been saved
for 30 days," and say, "I'll write that down later." I then forget about it.
Technology can get in your way by making things TOO easy.

Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, WI
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html">
http://hometown.aol.com/mezzoid/myhomepage/profile.html</A>

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a"

emusic.com