Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Wed Mar 20, 2002  2:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Argh another problem

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, GWendel Yee wrote:

> At 08:25 AM 3/19/02 +0100, bjjocelyn@p... wrote:
> <snip>
> >Now, in slightly terser terms, here are a few home-truths, Lea, to help you
> >seperate the wheat from the chaff (for Bible freaks only) :
> >
> >1) Pregnancy takes nine months, not three, especially when it comes to
> >recheduling students
>
> Be careful here. I suspect the teacher's pregnancy (now late
> mid-trimester?) may be complicated by a tendency to premature labor.
> Likely, her OB is advising bedrest until the baby is more mature to avoid
> premature delivery. Let's be very slow to judge others-- "Be quick to hear,
> slow to speak, slower to anger...(St J)
>
> GWendel, dT (MD, PhD, etc.)

Could be that, or what my friend had, which was extremely elevated blood
pressure starting around the beginning of her third trimester. Her doctor
was concerned about potential septicemia and ordered her to strict bed
rest of the last three months of her term, plus he insisted on delivery by
Caesarean section. I remember sending her a Junior Archaeologist's Kit
(assemble your own Sumerian pot from the shards provided) and one of
those cardboard cut-out "Build your Own St. Peter's Basilica" kits - to
give her something she could do sitting up in bed when she wanted a break
from reading or TV.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
In all thy ways acknowledge him,