Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Sat Mar 16, 2002  2:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Patricia O'Callaghan and other cabaret singers

In a message dated 3/15/2002 3:34:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
thomas8@t... writes:

> I'm not sure that Rene Kollo is the right example to use when discussing
> the healthy aspects of operatic singing - the voice was never right, even
> from the beginning.

mark,

i agree with you that he was probably always trying to pee on a four
alarm blaze when he sang wagner however, he did wagner justice despite
ragging out his voice. even when singing operetta, he always sounded as if
had been up all night. but, in the two pop examples i mentioned, he sings
very nicely and his voice even sounds pretty. at least in his case, it
demonstrates that the classical repertoire is not automatically the best
thing one can do with a voice.

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18118 Diction Domain, Eileen Farrell and Chris Thomasthomas mark montgomery   Tue  3/19/2002
18146 Re: Diction Domain, Eileen Farrell and Chris ThomDiane M. Clark   Thu  3/21/2002

emusic.com