Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Fri Mar 15, 2002  2:52 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Patricia O'Callaghan and other cabaret singers

In a message dated 3/15/2002 9:47:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dgrogan@e... writes:

> I think that Bocelli could be considered a cross-over artist if he were a
> legitimate singer in both fields, as Eileen Farrell was. By legitimate, I
> mean accepted by the followers of both styles.

david,

your right. unlike farrell and kollo (the only two famous opera
singers i have ever heard sing pop or jazz credibly), bocelli and migenes do
something that is more of a hybrid. so, i suppose it would be then unfair
to judge them by either style they are hybrid of (just as one wouldn't judge
a bass-baritone by bass or baritone standards).

mike

emusic.com