Vocalist.org archive

From:  "mikit29" <mikit29@y...>
Date:  Fri Mar 15, 2002  12:44 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] the dreaded TMJ/TMD problem

> Does getting braces potentially effect the sound of your singing
voice? I am
> not aware of this. . .
> TinaO

To date, my husband has had no patients who are singers, where he
could gauge the change in sound, so I'm not really sure. Since
getting braces changes the shape of the inside of your mouth, it has
the potential to change the sound. I constantly work on keeping the
inside shape of my mouth the same, in order to keep good sound coming
out. If the basic shape of the inside of my mouth changed, the sound
could change. However, since the movement is so slow, one could make
adjustments as the movement takes place, and it might not affect your
sound at all.

Miki

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
18141 Re: the dreaded TMJ/TMD problemLloyd W. Hanson   Wed  3/20/2002

emusic.com