Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Thu Mar 14, 2002  5:27 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] money note

TinaO wrote:<<Which is a good guide to picking your repertoire. It is
amazing to observe which pieces have just>>

I believe this is a good guide for choosing too… but I’m in a dilemma
about my own voice. When I was studying intensely classical only
repertoire, my teachers led me to basically medium weight lyric soprano
(Mimi, etc..) but my ring in head voice seems to be upper mid register
but the weight/color of my voice isn’t mezzo. I have an easy time in
chest voice and have polished it so that I can belt with out tension
through the mid range.. and lately I’ve been revisiting my classical
repertoire with the perspective at looking at my own voice from the
teacher side of my brain.. I can’t quite pinpoint if I just have an odd
fach or I need to study with a better teacher than I’d had before.

I think I’ve found someone who might be able to help me, but of course
her studio is full because she’s good…

I don’t know what I am! I’m not a great soprano, I’m not a mezzo!

Maybe I’m a music theatre singer.. one teacher told me that once… she
said “sing music theatre” but I love Faure’, Schubert… maybe I’m a
lieder singer!

Deanna The Confused

---

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17991 Re: money noteJohn Link   Thu  3/14/2002
18011 Re: money noteKaren Mercedes   Thu  3/14/2002

emusic.com