Vocalist.org archive

From:  colin-reed@l...
Date:  Wed Mar 13, 2002  5:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal Concerto?

I'm guessing that it's the presentation that should be 40 minutes long,
and not the piece itself. A fairly unknown work, but one which could almost
qualify as a vocal concerto would be Kenneth Leighton Symphony No 3. It's
a three movement symphony with tenor solo. The only thing lacking would
be the virtuoso finale, because the finale has the least amount of voice
of any movement. The second movement scherzo is terrific.

Best regards
Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK