Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Tue Mar 12, 2002  1:00 am
Subject:  MED: Vioxx and the voice

Calling list doctors..............!!!

Due to my new obsession with free weights I now have a torn rotator cuff.
The orthopod I saw today put me on a medrol dosepak and then Vioxx when I
finish the steroids. I go back in 4 weeks. In the meantime I am getting
ready for our regional NATS auditions on April 6th.

Somehow I seem to remember someone telling me that it wasn't a good idea to
sing while taking NSAIDS due to the increased risk of vocal fold hemorrhage.
Is this true? Do I need to not take the vioxx until after NATS? I am really
hurting and it is making my neck tension worse. But I also need to practice
and I want to do well at these auditions.

What to do?

Thanks in advance,

Leslie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
17931 Re: MED: Vioxx and the voiceMezzoid@a...   Tue  3/12/2002
17933 Re: MED: Vioxx and the voiceGWendel Yee   Tue  3/12/2002
17942 Re: MED: Vioxx and the voiceKate Reid   Tue  3/12/2002
17934 Re: MED: Vioxx and the voiceSMSchneider   Tue  3/12/2002
17937 Re: MED: Vioxx and the voiceMezzoid@a...   Tue  3/12/2002
17941 Re: MED: Vioxx and the voiceJohn Messmer, M.D.   Tue  3/12/2002
17943 Re: MED: Vioxx and the voiceMezzoid@a...   Tue  3/12/2002
17945 Re: MED: Vioxx and the voiceJohn Messmer, M.D.   Tue  3/12/2002

emusic.com