Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lea Ann Martin" <LeaAnn@k...>
Date:  Tue Mar 12, 2002  12:23 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] fun and light for a mezzo

> Lea Ann-
> I fear that in light of your situation, you're jumping straight to a final
> result, and not taking time to consider the process, and HOW you get
there.
> This spells trouble......

Well, as you may have figured I didn't chose this recital date, it was
chosen for everyone who takes lessons from my teacher. I have only been
with her for a short time, and actually up until a couple of weeks ago I
didn't know there was a recital coming up!!! So there isn't much I can do
about putting it off til later....I will either have to get someting
together or tell her that I won't be participating. I will know soon
enough.....

I think I am going to choose these three peices:

The turtle Dove (Vaughan Williams) as my English peice
either Ellerseelen or Morgen by Strauss as my German peice
and Voi Che Sepate as my Italian peice (I have been snging it all day...it
seems to almost learn itself)

If as I practice I am not able to get it together I will be firm in saying I
won't perform, its just not fair to me...especially when I could have been
getting this stuff together a while ago had I known.

And special thanks to Karen who helped me enormouslytoday with suggestions
and thoughts.......Hazzah to Karen!

Lea Ann

emusic.com