Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Mar 11, 2002  11:12 pm
Subject:  Help! Mighty Mezzo hit by kryptonite!

Or something very like it...

My voice got hit by a major mucus attack on Thursday (March 7). Although I
had no cold or sore throat, I could barely make a sound! It has alleviated
some over the weekend, but I still have the worst problem getting through my
chest/head break without breaking up. Otherwise, I feel fine.

It's serious. I had the final dress for a "Fledermaus" on Thursday, and I
would have had to beg off if I'd been singing a principal role instead of
being in the (sigh) chorus.

This may have been brought on by a confluence of three things:

1) The monthly female thing (although it doesn't usually affect me so
seriously).
2) Woke up that morning with my arms around my cat and my nose buried in his
fur.
3) Utter exhaustion and stress brought on by "hell week" for that
"Fledermaus," working my real job, making six round trips between San Jose
and Capitola (35 miles over mountains each way) and getting ready for the
NEXT gig ("Aspects of Love" with the Palo Alto Players).

Did I mention that I've had no time for housecleaning?

I'm not studying with a teacher at the moment (partly $$$, partly other
things).

This has got me seriously worried. I don't usually have problems, and when
I do, a regimen of hot tea and peppermints with usually get me up and
running. Help!

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, CA

17923 Re: Help! Mighty Mezzo hit by kryptonite!Reg Boyle   Mon  3/11/2002
17932 Re: Help! Mighty Mezzo hit by kryptonite!EdgewoodVoiceStudio   Tue  3/12/2002
17936 Re: Help! Mighty Mezzo hit by kryptonite!bjjocelyn@p...   Tue  3/12/2002
17961 Re: Help! Mighty Mezzo hit by kryptonite!Ms Christine Zimmermann   Wed  3/13/2002
17935 Re: Help! Mighty Mezzo hit by kryptonite!SMSchneider   Tue  3/12/2002
17938 Re: Help! Mighty Mezzo hit by kryptonite!Mezzoid@a...   Tue  3/12/2002
17939 Re: Help! Mighty Mezzo hit by kryptonite!Virginija Bruozis Muliolis   Tue  3/12/2002
17944 Re: Help! Mighty Mezzo hit by kryptonite!Marjorie Bunday   Tue  3/12/2002

emusic.com